- java - To launch Java applications.
- javac - To compile Java source files to binary class files.
- javadoc - To generate API documentation out of Java source files.
- jcmd - To send diagnostic command requests to a Java JVM. When we run jcmd without arguments it lists the JVM processes that are running at the moment. jcmd -h shows help and usage information for jcmd. jcmd -l lists Java processes and their respective pids. You can run jcmd <pid> help to see which commands jcmd supports. For example jcmd support managing and monitoring garbage collection by running jcmd <pid> GC.run
- jconsole - GUI tool to monitor a Java application running in a JVM.
- jmc - To monitor, analyze and debug Java applications. It is used to launch the Java Mission Control tool.
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Java JDK Tools
There are many tools available as default with the JDK bundle. here are some of the tools from them.