Sunday, June 28, 2015
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Specification:
Compared to the Raspberry Pi 1 it has:
- A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4 USB ports
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full HDMI port
- Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B Specification:
- Powered by Broadcom BCM2835, 700MHz ARM11 Processor
- 512MB SDRAM
- 2x USB2.0
- 1x 10/100 Ethernet
- Video Input for Camera Module
- Video output – composite, HDMI
- Audio output – 3.5mm jack, HDMI, IIS audio
- 8x GPIO, UART, IIC, SPI Bus
- Storage – SD/MMC / SDIO Card slot
- Power: 5V via MicroUSB ; 700mA (3.5W)
- Weight: 45g
- Size: 85.60mm x 53.98mm
- Operating system: Arch Linux ARM , Raspbian, Debian, Pidora, RISC OS….
Raspberry Pi Model A Specification:
- Full size SD card
- HDMI output port
- Composite video output
- One USB port
- 26 pin expansion header exposing GPIO, I2C etc
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Camera interface port (CSI-2)
- LCD display interface port (DSI)
- One microUSB power connector for powering the device
- 256MB of SDRAM
- no Ethernet port
- The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse.
- It is a little device that enables to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python.
- It’s capable to do browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word-processing, and playing games.
- The Raspberry pi has been used by students, hobbyist, technical professional as a starter kit to develop applications and control function around it.
- It is also being used in industrial control and as a central processing units which integrate and control the overall system.
- Raspberry Pi is essentially a bare-bones personal computer with a Linux operating system installed.
- These are the current models of the Raspberry Pi available: the Pi 2 Model B, and the Pi 1 Model B+ and A+.